Sunday, October 31, 2010

Maybe we Need an AH HA Moment!

This was taken in October shortly after the Canadian Thanksgiving  weekend.
I love the outdoors, no doubt about it.
You are probably sick of me saying that,
it is one of the reasons I am trying so hard, 
because I want to explore it.
I am certain I will.
I believe that we all come to a point where we have our own ah ha moment.
Those moments of course are different for everone.
I have had those when
I was told I had Cataplexy  and at its worse
I could not stand up at all without having an episode after episode,
I really thought I was on my way out then.
It should have been one of those moments.
When I had a suspected TIA{stroke)
should have been my moment.
Having Diabetes run rampant in our family,
should have been a moment.
Seeing my fathers body shut down in ICU
Should have been a moment.
What was my moment finally came
when I hurt my back and it took over an hour to get out of bed.
My hubby was trying to help me out,
and I could not move.
I lay there in more pain than I have ever had in my life
and I knew this was my ah ha moment.
He could not help me, but I could help myself,
and I could help him by not having to watch me go through this.
................
Now you may be wondering why I am telling you about this,
Recently I have found things to be slightly judgemental in the blogland world of weight loss.
I will not abandon anyone when they are struggling, I will encourage to keep going,
and if they can use me as some inspiration I will be such.
Maybe I am crazing in being loving and compassionate,
but that is whom I am and whom I want to be.
Besides if I am asking not to be judged, 
I sure should not judge others.
That is my view.
I got shit all my life about my weight,
it never did me any good, and I know some may feel it is hard love,
but for the majority of people,
they need to have their ah ha moment.
................
This is my opinion and not meant to discourage anyone out there,
my followers have been awesome and supportive,
and I love you for this.
I would never kick anyone when they are down, I would reach out my hand to help them up.
.........
Long winded today.
Have a Happy Halloween if you celebrate it,
and if you don't I hope you have a wonderful day.
Take care.

9 comments:

  1. Darling girl.....you have just stated the reason I have not come out of the fatty closet to anyone on line except you. I have made that mistake too many other times and tried but did not reach my goal and then had to as you put it, be hurt by insensitive folks. I truly being nice matters....but it does not mean you have to let people insult or hurt you.
    You're a goodie, much love, The Olde Bagg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl-

    Our struggles are so parallel - and you are such an inspiration as I stru to "move" and keep moving despite the MS and how it limits mobility - and fod, like I write - I felt your surrender to your way of life now and I an so happy with you - :-)

    love you girl "hey"
    Gail
    peace and hope for us all....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone's journey is different, Cinner, yet interesting that we ALL ended up overweight and on the same path, struggling with similar issues.

    We're all more alike than different, on that front.

    This isn't the first time I've tried dieting, but it will be my last. I know what failure feels like. I try, therefore, to encourage people as much as I can.

    You have a kind heart, my friend. Just don't take things too much to heart.

    I try not to judge even the judgers, because they may be coming from a well-intentioned place, trying to help someone who needs to hear a harsh truth. It just isn't everyone's cup of tea.

    LOVE the photo! Where is that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy....I'm with you...I want to live my life with kindness and compassion. Some things we struggle with show like weight but other things are hidden. We are all doing the best we can and I always want to hold my hand extended to help and give support.....Touche for you..for your openness....and for your fight to be the best you ever. Standing with you..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being kind and compassionate is a huge strength, Cinner, and nothing you should ever feel like you should apologize for or think you are "crazy" for making it important in you life. It is what makes life worth living to me. Loving is always the answer, even when it mean loving some people who haven't learned yet that judging others is just like judging ourselves.
    I say brava to you for your bravery, your honesty and your big beautiful loving heart !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Cinner you are very inspiring to me! It is difficult to get up and move when I can just sit. But I see how far you have come and it just makes me want to get up and move more! And I thank you for that. I don't think that I've lost any weight lately but I know that I haven't gained any. That makes me happy too! Love and Hugs to you, Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your aha moments are 'right on' Cindy!!!
    I love your spirit....your 'go get 'em' attitude...your 'never give up' tenacity...and especially your love for the outdoors. I am an outdoors girl too. We must be 'sistuhs'...
    Love you,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh cinner I hope people in blogland will grow up and not judge others.....you are doing so well and even if you weren't we would love you anyway, only want for you to be healthy.....Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like you long-winded. People are judgmental. Many people. That's a fact. As we learn to be compassionate toward ourselves, it is easier to be compassionate toward others, but it is a lesson I must relearn every single day. Thank you for writing about this important topic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message. They really make my day.