Monday, September 6, 2010

Fall has knocked upon the door!

Blow, blow, blow,
the wind among the trees
Blow, blow, blow,
a strong and howling breeze,
Blow, blow, blow,
The leaves are dancing their way to the ground
Blow, blow, blow
The remaining signs of summer are not to be found
Blow, Blow, Blow,
the orange, yellow, red and browns
Blow, Blow, Blow
mingle together like a blanket on the ground,
Blow, Blow, Blow,
a chill runs through my bones,
Blow, Blow, Blow,
my wet feet  safely to my home,
Blow, Blow, Blow,
I slam the door shut behind me.
Blow, Blow, Blow,
I go and make a fire, I kneel down in front of the hearth.
Blow, Blow, Blow,
The fire takes hold, I wrap in a blanket for all its worth,
Blow, Blow, Blow,
I put a pot of Chicken Noodle Soup On, poured some in a bowel
I could feel the warmth upon my hands.
I lifted the spoon to my lips and
Blew, Blew, Blew,
until the temp was right, I ate my soup and Whispered Good Night,
I lay in bed, the wind still ripping around outside,
I knew that I was safe and sound,
And soon the winds of the night had me fast asleep.
Blow, blow, blow.
...............
Remembering a storm by Cinner.
Have a wonderful day,
Cinner


10 comments:

  1. The winds put me to sleep too! Weather is changing and I feel the new coolness in the air. Makes me sad!! For I was loving the summer!!!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI CINNER-

    the Autumn winds blew here too. I Loved it. The air has cooled and dried and is actually, dare I say, chilly..........I needed my afghan whilst I sat on the couch. :-)
    Enjoy the cool changes.

    Love to you always and forever
    Gail
    peace, hope and healing.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. this feels so cozy and it matches the background perfectly. Take gentle care of yourself Cindy. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice poem...You captured the day perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job, Cinner. A fire and soup on a cold day is my idea of perfection.
    Cheers, jj

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOoo, this puts me so much in the mood for fall! I love it. My favorite season. Great poem Cinner!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has been raining since yesterday, and the wind has kicked up tonight. Everyone is asleep but me and I'm nestled in my cozy little room checking on my friends.

    I hope you are feel okay. Chicken noodle soup sounds so good, but it's still warm here. I have my fall and winter cookbooks out. :)

    I love your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Cinner.. so glad you got to stop by and visit me at Glass of Sweet Tea,, and thank you for the sweet comment..
    I totally agree with you..I have had may thorns in life and actually going through one now.. and it is hard in the midst of it to be able to say thank you...but knowing that god has his plans, and that in the end it will all be ok, kind makes it a bit easier..
    Hope to see you again real soon

    Hey I love you fall look tooooooo.. soooo pretty..
    God Bless
    Talk to ya soon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely. :-)

    Here in Minneapolis, fall has dropped in quite suddenly and the wind has us reaching for soup bowls as well!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message. They really make my day.